If you’re planning to study Medicine in English in Italy, we are sure you are already familiar with the IMAT test, but here’s a friendly reminder: the IMAT exam is a rigorous evaluation of students' scientific knowledge, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. As the exam date is approaching, be sure you have all the information you need and you are as ready as possible!
The main topics of the exam have remained the same; what has changed is the number of questions for each subject.
Structure of the exam
The IMAT exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions and it lasts 100 minutes.
The exam is divided into four main sections and the updated number of questions according to the IMAT test 2023 decree is the following:
- 5 questions on General Knowledge and 4 questions on Logical Reasoning: This section is aimed at assessing candidates' general knowledge and analytical thinking skills.
- 23 questions on Biology: In this section, candidates’ understanding of fundamental biological concepts is tested.
- 15 questions on Chemistry: This section evaluates candidates' knowledge of basic chemical concepts.
- 13 questions on Physics and Mathematics: The physics and mathematics section examines candidates' proficiency in physics principles and mathematical problem-solving.
The candidate will have to go over the 60 questions in just 100 minutes; it’s less than 2 minutes per question! But keep calm and do not panic. It just means that time management is crucial for this exam and this is where our preparation course comes in: you can join the IMAT preparation course that is about to start!
IMAT Preparation course
Scuola Leonardo da Vinci has been organizing preparation courses for IMAT since 2014. This year, besides the preparation courses held in April, July and August, our school organizes another preparation course, which will be held online for 4 weeks, from the 11th of September to the 6th of October. Lessons take place every day from Monday to Friday, and sometimes on Saturday, from 9am to 6pm (with time for the lunch break).
The course, which has been updated according to the latest changes of the exam, consists of 140 online lessons that will cover the following topics: Biology, Chemistry, General knowledge, Logic, Mathematics, and Physics.
Scuola Leonardo da Vinci preparation course will increase your chances of passing the exam by 50%! Our trained instructors will guide you through the intricacies of the exam, providing you with comprehensive study materials, mock tests and personalized feedback.
Our course will help you to get familiar with the structure of the IMAT exam and the types of questions, as well as to improve your ability to manage the time, resulting in a wiser and more efficient use of it.
Thanks to the teachers’ feedback you will be able to understand the subjects you’re weaker in and consequently practice more on them. Moreover, the teacher will provide you with useful tips to study more effectively the subjects you find more difficult.
It is no news that practice is essential to success in any exam: this is why our course is focused on the work on mock tests and past papers, so that you will become familiar with the questions, thus improving your speed and accuracy in answering them.
Learn Italian in Italy in Florence, Milan, Rome, Turin and Viareggio
Latest posts by Scuola Leonardo da Vinci (see all)
- Curiositalia: i mesi dell'anno - EPISODE 1 (SEASON 5) - September 27, 2023
- The quality of the Scuola Leonardo Da Vinci awarded by Study Travel Magazine - September 19, 2023
- IMPORTANT NEWS ON THE IMAT TEST YOU might want to KNOW - August 22, 2023