After years of commitment and efforts in safeguarding and protecting the environment, we are pleased to announce that we have received accreditation as a Green Standard School: a global, not-for-profit association of language schools that are seriously committed to protecting the environment.
For years, Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milan has been committed to developing projects and promoting behaviors to reduce its environmental impact and educate students to care and actively protect the environment.
Each of us has the strength to change the future with our actions and Scuola Leonardo da Vinci knows it well. Thanks to all the practices implemented day after day, it transmits to the students the need to implement useful behavior to safeguard the environment.
Through simple behaviors you can control and reduce energy consumption: paying attention to the use of lights, improving separate collection and reducing waste production.
The “Save the planet” project was one of our most important commitments: becoming a plastic free school. At our school, students will not find plastic water bottles, but a dispenser of fresh filtered water, good and light, natural or sparkling. No cost for them and no plastic for the planet!
Everyone has a role: The Green Standard School association's purpose is to create a network to encourage environmental sustainability in language teaching and learning. Implementing good practices in every area in respect of the environment has become a need that cannot be renounced.
Our school has always been committed to actively guide its students towards virtuous behavior, thus helping to train citizens who are aware of and respectful of the environment and the common good.
12 moves are enough to change the world, our first goals as a Green School Standard are:
- Reduce the amount of energy consumed in the school and switch to sustainable energy suppliers where possible
- Reduce the amount of water consumed in the school
- Reduce the amount of paper consumed and move towards a paperless operation
- Discourage the use of pointless plastics by all staff, students and suppliers
- Reuse and recycle everything brought into the school that can usefully be reused or cycled
- Reduce the environmental impact of purchases e.g. by using local supply chains
- Reduce the environmental impact of all marketing activities
- Compensate for the carbon generated by students and staff travelling to the school – especially international students!
- Encourage providers of accommodation services to adopt sustainable practices
- Include activities that benefit the environment in the school’s programme of social activities
- Ensure that all staff and students are aware of the school’s environmental policies
- Systematically include environmental issues in the teaching curriculum
Latest posts by Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Marketing Office (see all)
- Two new destinations for our face-to-face courses - May 3, 2021
- Festa del papà o del babbo - March 19, 2021
- Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milan towards a greener future! - February 10, 2021