For the third year in a row, Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milan successfully passed the assessment of GSS (Green Standard Schools).
GSS is a global association of language schools that are seriously committed to protecting the environment.
Green Standard Schools has now accredited 24 language schools across 10 countries and we are proudly one of them!
We believe that, as a school, we have the responsibility not only to teach the Italian language to foreigners but also to educate students about the key role of sustainability.
For Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milano, reducing our environmental impact is a commitment made by everyone, through awareness, gestures and daily practices.
We have set concrete goals and we want to achieve them together with our community of students. And being part of the GSS network is an incentive to make a serious and verifiable contribution to environmental sustainability.
GGS have summarised the actions where they expect schools to undertake in 12 commitments:
- Reduce the amount of energy consumed in the school and switch to sustainable energy suppliers where possible.
- Reduce the amount of water consumed in the school
- Reduce the amount of paper consumed and move towards a paperless operation.
- Discourage the use of pointless plastics by all staff, students and suppliers.
- Reuse and recycle everything brought into the school that can usefully be reused or recycled.
- Reduce the environmental impact of all marketing activities
- Compensate for the carbon generated by students and staff traveling to school.
- Encourage providers of accommodation services to adopt sustainable practices.
- Include activities that benefit the environment in the school’s program of social activities.
- Ensure that all staff and students are aware of the school’s environmental policies.
- Systematically include environmental issues in the teaching curriculum
As Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milano, we have almost totally eliminated the use of plastic (both bottles and coffee cups), we have a dispenser of filtered water and we have also created our own forest on Treedom that allows us to offset CO2 emissions from travels! We have recently endorsed the Plant Based Treaty and we include environmental issues in the teaching syllabus and among our free time activities since we partnered with organisations dedicated to sustainable practices.
In a language school, words are important, but when it comes to the future of our planet, it’s our actions that matter! Learn more about our commitment by listening to our special podcast episode
The other articles to discover the commitment of Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milan:
- Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milan towards a greener future!
- The 104th edition of the Giro d'Italia and cycling from Florence to Belgrade with Wolfango!
- Save the planet project
- Our constant commitment to be a sustainable school
Thanks to its prestigious universities and academies, Milan is the elected place of education for numerous Italian and international students.
Latest posts by Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milan (see all)
- The Ambrosian Pinacoteca: An Artistic Treasure in the Heart of Milan - November 29, 2023
- 5 Curiosities you didn’t know about Alla Scala Theatre - September 13, 2023
- Embrace the Art of Living: Unveiling Our 'Dolce Vita' Course for Mature Learners - August 21, 2023